Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Trips to Wags and a couple of questions answered

I have been asked about ECB's (extra care bucks from CVS) and how I organize my coupon book by section so, I will answer them plus, I have done a little shopping recently lol.

ECB's are just like register rewards except for you can use them on the same item you got them from if they have a limit of more than one per card. They have longer expiration dates than RR and I think they are easier to use. You can still you both CVS coupons and manufacture coupons too. I try to roll my ECBS by getting something that is producing ECBS that week if I can use it or it is free lol. If there is nothing that I can roll them into I then buy stuff that I normally can't get a great deal on or some fun item that I want but, really don't want to pay for.

The question about how I have my book divided up is what works for me but, each person will probably have a way they want to set their book up. I have them as follows:
HBA (health and beauty things)
Cleaning
Paper (i put batteries, tape, rubber maid etc)
Pet
Baby
Cold/Frozen (i put produce and fresh meat in here)
Sauces/seasonings
canned/boxed
snacks (i put breads and tortilla's in here)
drinks

Our Thom Thumb (randalls, and safeway)
had a sale that ended today if you bought 5 of certain drinks then 5.00 would be taken off ur bill. Capri Suns were on the list of items. After the 5.00 taken off it would make them 1.49 a box. The new sunrise flavors are included. We went to two different stores to finish using my capri sun coupons. We got 10 boxes of Capri Suns for .49 a box.

I was sick Monday and I had 31.00 worth of RR that expired on Monday so, I wasn't feeling like getting the best deals so, sad to say I sort of blew them.
I got a colgate toothbrush (free after rr)
4 bags of Almond M&M's bogo (printed a 1.00 rr)
neutrogena face wash
neutrogena toner
carpet fresh
dryer sheets
2 boxes of movie candy
2 20oz dr. peppers
1 utility basket (75%off)
1 small grass basket (75% off)
4 lined wicker baskets, going to use these as part of baby gifts (75% off)
1 stationary packet of lisa frank stuff (75% off)
3 pks of chewie sweet tarts
1 cat collare with bell (she has brought us home 2 live baby bunnies this week, so hopefully the bell will warn the bunnies)

I did use coupons on most but, I wish I had felt better cuz I could have done a lot better than I did.

hoping for good sales this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment